SRCD Commons Terms & Conditions and Etiquette Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all participants, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using SRCD Commons, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to restrict discussions and shared files and content to those best suited to this medium. This online community provides a platform on which to exchange information and materials, solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to SRCD's Science Team via the link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in this community by anyone who violates these rules.
- Respect others. Focus your remarks on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Make every effort to avoid inflammatory language and to adopt an open and inclusive perspective to information exchange. Even strong disagreements can be framed constructively. Please exercise patience with those who are new to the community and are educating themselves about its navigation and uses.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share information and perspectives, solicit input, offer constructive feedback, pose questions, develop networking connections, and achieve goals. Promotion of commercial products or services in which you have an interest is not appropriate.
- If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way. Information posted on the discussion groups may be subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not consider appropriate in an exchange between professional colleagues. SRCD's Code of Conduct for meetings should be understood to apply to interactions within our online communities as well. Participation in the community implies consent to adhere to the Code.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. All materials posted to the site should be assumed to have a CC-BY-NC license unless otherwise specified. If you post materials you did not create, it is your responsibility to ensure there are no violations of copyright or licensing agreements.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities and threads. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise" and maximizing the utility of the community to its users.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link as opposed to the “Reply” link..
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, edit to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
This site is provided as a service for the members of Society for Research in Child Development. Participation is voluntary. The Society for Research in Child Development is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to the accuracy or reliability of information posted on this site, whether posted by Society for Research in Child Development or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Society for Research in Child Development be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Users may not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Posting any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner is not permitted. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Society for Research in Child Development and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material unless otherwise specified.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate participants to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Society for Research in Child Development does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Society for Research in Child Development we will take all appropriate action.
Society for Research in Child Development reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site?:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our organization, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.