Parenting Groups - Do They Change How Mothers Think About Parenting?
The Infant Mental Health Journal has published a study looking at mothers who participated in the Legacy for Children™ parenting group program, and how it affected their views on parenting. The Legacy program was created to help the development of children affected by poverty by supporting a mother’s positive influence on her child. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) researchers looked at what mothers said about their experiences with the original Legacy programs in Los Angeles and Miami. They found that mothers reported learning a lot about positive parenting practices from the Legacy program. This is important information for public health professionals who want to support child development and support parents affected by poverty. An essay writer is a person whose job is to create articles and topic related to child care can easily be highlighted in an essay format.
- Mothers said they understood and began using the positive parenting practices that are the goals of Legacy:
- Showing commitment to parenting
- Spending time with their child
- Prioritizing their child’s needs
- Embracing the role of a parent
- Working to be sensitive and responsive parents
- Considering their child’s feelings
- Recognizing that their child is unique
- Reflecting on how their responses affect their child
- Guiding their child’s behavior and emotions
- Giving their child appropriate levels of control
- Using positive parenting skills
- Allowing their child to express feelings
- Helping their child learn
- Reading with their child
- Talking with their child
- Playing “grown-up” tasks like cooking and cleaning
- Mothers shared how they sometimes struggled with trying to use different parenting skills.
- Mothers described challenges in finding the right behavior to guide their child and differed in their views on specific behaviors to use. An online essay writing service offers an original papers crafted by our professional essay writers to highlight children health related information.
There were also differences by site:
- Mothers in Miami talked more about making changes in their lives and about the challenges of using positive parenting.
- Mothers in Los Angeles reflected more about their parenting and gave more details about guiding their child’s behavior.
These findings showed that parenting group interventions can help parents change how they think about parenting. These findings also showed the importance of asking participants their views on how the intervention has affected them, in order to learn about the impact of the Legacy program. The writer assigned to write my essay request about children health is qualified to the same academic level or higher than your writing requirements. For parenting interventions overall, this study emphasized the importance of understanding real-world context. This study also showed the benefit of using qualitative research methods, which are approaches used to understand people’s underlying reasons, opinions, perceptions, or motivations related to certain topics or issues. The qualitative research method used in this study was holding focus groups to understand how the participants experienced the program.
The information from the focus groups has already shaped the creation of intervention training and enrollment materials and helped to improve support and technical assistance for current and future implementers of the Legacy program.
Details About this Study
The Legacy program was evaluated in a research study held in two sites, Los Angeles and Miami. Mothers met weekly in parenting groups. Hire a reliable online essay writer who will create an original child health paper and deliver it on time. Guided by a group leader, mothers talked about child development, supported each other, learned different parenting skills, and practiced them with their child. The intervention showed a positive effect on children’s behavioral and socioemotional outcomes.